Energy aspect of capacity control of small hydropower plant by a water flow in accordance to various hydrological parameters
Current issues of effective power systems management, the determination of the best ways to use equipment as part of the system and its energy-efficient modes are becoming increasingly important. Rising interest in a mode of capacity control of small hydropower plant by a water flow is caused primarily by energy efficiency and environmental friendliness of this mode. Numerous theoretical and applied researches are implemented nowadays.
It’s necessary to identify the importance of exploring the energy aspect of capacity control of small hydropower plant by a water flow that hadn’t previously been considered in detail. It has been used probabilistic methods to take account of water availability of the river and environmental limitations on water use for power production, determining energy parameters and evaluating the effectiveness of small hydropower plants. The Krytskyy-Menkel three-parameter probability distribution of water flow is widely applied to hydropower calculations and recommended by state standards. The distribution requires a statistics on coefficients of
variation and skewness values, as well as discharge rate. Due to the paucity or even lack of hydrometeorological data, it was proposed to use the weighted average coefficients of
variation and skewness, defined by spatial averaging of probability distribution parameters based on the existing hydrometeorological information. The averages have been made for territories defined in accordance with the hydrographic river basin type scheme.
It has been estimated the influence of distribution parameters of annual streamflows for small rivers of Ukraine on the evaluation of hydropower characteristics of small hydropower plants. It was observed a slight loss of productivity of the station due to the difference between the actual hydrological conditions of the investigated water balance station and weighted average parameters. The ranges of productivity change in small hydropower plant have been determined. The probable loss of productivity can amount to 6% – the basins of the Vistula, the
The Dniester, the Desna; 7% – the basin of the Lower Dnieper; 9% – the basin of the Middle Dnieper; 10% – the basin of the Tisa and Azov area; 12% – the basin of the Prypyat; 14% – the basin of the Seversky Donets; 15% – the basin of the Prut and Crimea area; 17% – the basin of the Southern Bug.
2. Kiselev, G.S (1973). Avtomaticheskoe regulirovanie moshhnosti gidrojelektrostancij po vodotoku [Automatic capacity control of hydroelectric power plants by a watercourse]. Moscow,
Russia: Jenergija [in Russian].
3. Buachidze, S.R. (1952). Mnogoagregatnye avtomaticheskie gidrostancii, rabotajushhie po vodotoku [Multi-unit hydroelectric power plants that operate by a watercourse]. Avtomatika i telemehanika [Automation and Remote Control] Vol.13, No.2, 158–168 [in Russian].
4. Ibragimova, M.R. (2016). Vyznachennja proektnyh parametriv maloi' GES za reguljuvannja potuzhnosti po vodotoku [Determining design parameters for small hydropower plant when controlling the power by watercourse]. Vidnovljuvana energetyka [Renewable Energy], 1, 55–60 [in Ukrainian].
5. Vas'ko, P.F., Ibragimova, M.R. (2015). Energetychna efektyvnist' gidroagregativ u skladi maloi' gidroelektrostancii' za reguljuvannja i'i' potuzhnosti po vodotoku [Energy efficiency of hydroelectric units of small hydropower plant according to the task of regulation of capacity by the watercourse of the river]. Vidnovljuvana energetyka [Renewable Energy], 4, 44–79 [in Ukrainian].
6. DBN V.2.4-8:2014 (2014). Vyznachennja rozrahunkovyh gidrologichnyh harakterystyk [State Building Standards: Determining the Calculated Hydrological Characteristics]. Naukovo-doslidnyj instytut budivel'nyh konstrukcij (NDIBK) Minregionbudu Ukrai'ny [State Research Institute of Building Constructions of the Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, and Communal Living of Ukraine].
7. Ibragimova, M.R. (2015). Seredn'ozvazheni znachennja koeficijentiv variacii' ta asymetrii' richnogo stoku vody malyh richok Ukrai'ny dlja zadach maloi' gidroenergetyky [Weighted average coefficients of variation and skewness of annual streamflows for small rivers of Ukraine defined on behalf of small scale
hydropower tasks]. Vidnovljuvana energetyka [Renewable Energy], 1, 48–52 [in Ukrainian].
8. Jacyk, A.V., Byshovec', L.B., Bogatov, Je.O. (1991). Mali richky Ukrai'ny: Dovidnyk [The Ukraine Small Rivers Handbook]. Kyiv, Ukraine: Urozhaj [in Ukrainian].
9. Strelec, B.Y. (Ed.). (1987). Spravochnik po vodnym resursam [Water Resources Handbook]. Kyiv, Ukraine: Urozhaj [in Russian].
10. Moroz, A.V. (2014). Metod analitychnogo vyznachennja gidroenergetychnogo potencialu stvoru maloi' richky na osnovi linearyzacii' imovirnisnogo rozpodilu vytrat vody [Method to analytically determine hydropower potential for a small river alignment based on linearization probability distribution of water
consumption]. Vidnovljuvana energetyka [Renewable Energy], 4, 69–74 [in Ukrainian].
11. Druzhinin, V.S., Sikan, A.V. (2001). Metody statisticheskoj obrabotki gidrometeorologicheskoj informacii. Uchebnoe posobye [Methods of statistical processing of hydrometeorological information. Textbook]. Saint Petersburg, Russia: RGGMU [in Russian].
12. Galushhenko, M.G., Romas', I.M. (2001). Umovy formuvannja ta rozrahunok minimal'nogo stoku richok basejnu Dnipra (v mezhah Ukrai'ny) [Conditions of formation and calculation the minimum river flow of the Dnipro Basin at the territory of Ukraine]. Gidrologija, gidrohimija i gidroekologija [Hydrology,
Hydrochemistry and Hydroecology], 2, 289–295 [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 37 PDF Downloads: 42
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.