Determination of optimum tilt angle for PV panels considering solar radiation anisotropy
Photovoltaic (PV) plant should use solar radiation as much effective as possible. This case depends on structural parameters, profiles of load and radiation, PV panels tilt angle and orientation, equipment parameters. Tilt angle and orientation can be changed in the easiest way in the opposite to other factors.
Solar radiation profile is the key parameter in PV panel tilt angle calculation, it can be obtained by direct measurements or using solar radiation models. At present solar radiation, models can be distinguished by radiation uniformity: isotropic and anisotropic. The most widely used isotropic model is Liu-Jordan model. As for anisotropic models, there are a lot of such kind models.
In the present article, a reader can find the review of the most optimal photovoltaic panels tilt angle for Kyiv. These tilt angles values were found with a usage of different types of solar radiation models, isotropic and anisotropic as well. At the final of the article, reader can find the comparison table with tilt angles calculated using different models of solar radiation.
2. Gajewski A. Yu., Ushkalenko O.V. Determination of the optimal inclination angles for PV panels // Vidnovlyuvana energetika. - 2016. - №1 (44). - Pp. 21-27. (Rus)
3. Liu B.Y.H., Jordan R.C. The interrelationship and charac¬teristic distribution of direct, diffuse and total solar radiation // Solar Energy. - 1960. -No. 3. - Vol. 4. -Pp. 1-19. (Eng)
4. Hay J.E. Calculation of monthly mean solar radiation for horizontal and inclined surfaces // Solar Energy. - 1979. - Vol. 23. -No.4. - Pp. 301-307. (Eng)
5. Hay J.E., Davies J.A. Calculation of Solar Radiation In¬cident on an Incline Surface // First Canadian Solar Radiation Data Workshop. - April 17-19, 1978. - Toronto, Ontario, Cana¬da, Ministry of Supply and Services, Canada. (Eng)
6. Reindl D.T., Beckman W.A., Duffie J.A. Diffuse fraction correlations // Solar Energy. - 1990. - No. 1. - Vol. 45. - Pp. 1-7. (Eng)
7. Klucher T.M. Evaluation of models to predict insolation on tilted surfaces // Solar Energy. - 1979. - No. 23. - Pp. 111-114. (Eng)
8. Solar radiation, radiation balance and sunshine / Climate directory in USSR. Ukraynskaia SSR. Part I. - L.: Gidrometeorologicheskoe izd. - 1966. - 126 p.
Abstract views: 36 PDF Downloads: 40
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.