THE DETERMINATION OF PARAMETERS OF A REACTOR-MIXER WITH A DISK INJECTOR
Diesel biofuel is mainly received in the process of transesterification, due to the interaction of vegetal oil and methyl spirit under catalysts presence. Methyl spirit, catalyst and oil create a multiphase medium in which the reaction process is going slower. To speed up the transesterification reaction it is necessary to create the emulsion with an increased area of reagents contact, which can be done by means of constant mixing. An efficient mixing determines the completeness of the process of transesterification and effects both qualitative and quantitative indexes of diesel biofuel output.
To achieve the above mentioned it was proposed an improved mathematical model for emulsion mixing process in reactor-mixer with disk injector and main parameters for reactor-mixer and disk injector were received. This disk injector can be used for removing the received diesel biofuel from a reactor-mixer after the technological operations of transesterification and sedimentation. A disk injector enables to pump the received biofuel beginning from the upper part of a reactor-mixer that prevents glycerine from getting into the biofuel. The application of disk injectors in mixers makes it possible to produce diesel biofuel on a simplified technology as well as to remove it fully from the mixer under the conditions of farming. In a process of a four-time emulsion pumping on a closed circuit and after a proper sedimentation we received diesel biofuel with a coefficient of kinematic viscosity 4.25 mm2 /sec and a flash temperature 125 °C. A lower calorific value of a received diesel biofuel was 36.96 MJ /kg. The output of diesel biofuel was 85.6 % from a utilized rape oil.
2. Bargole S. (2017) Process intensification of synthesis of bio-diesel using a novel recirculating flow ultrasonication reactor / S. Bargole, J. Carpenter, S. George, V.K. Saharan // Chemical Engineering and Processing: Process Intensification. Vol. 122. P. 21–30.
3. Анализ процесса получения биодизельного горю-чего и обоснование основных параметров реактора-разделителя / Г. Голуб, С. Кухарец, О. Осыпчук, В. Кухарец // Motrol. Commission of motorization and energetics in agriculture. (2015) Т. 17, №9. С. 149–155.
4. Rationale for the parameters of equipment for production and use of biodiesel in agricultural production / G. Golub, S. Kukharets, V. Chuba [and other] // Eastern-European journal of enterprise technologies. (2017) Vol. 2, №1 (86). P. 28–33.
5. Kundu P.K. Fluid Mechanics / P.K. Kundu, I.M. Cohen, D.R. Dowling. Boston, USA : Academic Press, (2016) 766 p.
6. Modeling of biodiesel production in liquid-liquid film reactors including mass transfer effects / M.A. Noriega, P.C. Narváez, J.G. Cadavid [and other] // Fuel Processing Tech-nology. (2017) Vol. 167. P. 524–534.
7. Enzymatic reactors for biodiesel synthesis: Present status and future prospects / J. Poppea, R. Fernandez-Lafuente, R. Rodriguesa [and other] // Biotechnology Advances. (2015). №33 (5). P. 511–525.
8. Rahmat B. (2013) Biodiesel Reactor Design with Glycerol Separation to Increase Biodiesel Production Yield / B. Rahmat, I. Setiasih, R. Kastaman // Makara Journal of Technology. №17 (1). P. 11–16.
9. Somnuk K. (2017) Effects of mixing technologies on contin-uous methyl ester production: Comparison of using plug flow, static mixer, and ultrasound clamp / K. Somnuk, T. Prasit, G. Prateepchaikul // Energy Conversion and Management. №140. P. 91–97.
10. Xua J. (2017) Rotating packed bed reactor for enzymatic synthesis of biodiesel / J. Xua, C. Liua, M. Wanga [and other] // Bioresource Technology. №224. P. 292–297.
Abstract views: 41 PDF Downloads: 25
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.