THE SUBSTANTIATION OF THE ELECTRICAL POWER SUPPLY CHANNEL BASED ON THE GAS-GENERATOR INSTALLATION
A modern tendency in power production development is an aspiration to balance the whole electric power complex, to raise the consumer power supply reliability. Autonomous power supply systems take an important place in electric power industry development. They are used in aero-, sea and river ports, in hospitals, on farms, in emergency power supply systems, on defense complex objects – literally everywhere where you need power and supply is distant or working intermittently.
An autonomous power supply system powered by internal combustion engines is introduced. The main converter of an engine rotation to electric power is an alternator with excitation winding on the rotor.
An algorithm is introduced according to which a controller determines the daily amount of power consumption and, accordingly to the type and time of day, performs actions by either short or ramified algorithm. In a case when the daily rate of power is depleted, an unwished situation can occur, when only some of the lighting can stay on, that can cause discomfort for employees, and can lower their productivity. A second independent power source is proposed based on gas generator technology. A generated gas feeds an internal combustion engine which turns the alternator shaft.
A diagram of predicted power production of a 3.5 kW photovoltaic installation is presented, based on insolation data for Zhytomyr latitude. Also, a productivity diagram for gas generator installation with a nominal power output of 5 kW for one shift operation is presented. A predicted power consumption for a lighting installation for the first month of the year for all buildings of Zhytomyr national agroecological university is calculated.
A diagram of difference between produced and consumed power by days is presented. A monthly amount of consumed power is 767.8 kWh while the restricted norm is 251 kWh. Photovoltaic provided 184.8 kWh. The gas generator provided 493.2 kWh. The second reserve power supply channel provided more than a half of needed power for lighting.
A structural diagram of a controller, that performs a specialized algorithm, is developed. A diagram of variables regulated during controller operation is presented.
Implementation of the specialized algorithm can lower the installation energy consumption, provides the possibility of high-grade usage of deep reserving based on photovoltaic system and gas generator installation.
Further investigations are directed towards determining of an influence of gas generator installation productivity on operational stability of an engine-alternator system under the conditions of variable power demand and considering unstable power factor. Ref. 10, fig.9.
2. Tsyvenkova N.M., Golubenko А.А., Kukharets S.M., Biletsky V.R. The research of downdraft gas producer heat productivity on straw. Proceedings of International symposium, ISB-INMA TEH Agricultural and Mechanical Engineering, October 27–29. Bucharest. Romania. Pp. 83-91. [in English].
3. Byelikova L.YA. Elektrychni mashyny: navch. posib. dlya stud. vyshch. navch. Zakladiv. [Electric machines: a textbook for students at higher educational institutions]. Odesa. Nauka i tekhnika. 2012. 480 p. [in Ukrainian].
4. Zachepa YU.V. Avtonomnye systemy elektrosnabzhenyya na baze asynkhronnykh heneratorov, osnovnye trebovanyya y struktura. [Independent power supply systems based on asynchronous generators, basic requirements and structure]. Electromechanical and energy saving systems quarterly scientific and production. 2010. No.2. Pp. 32-40. [in Ukrainian].
5. Kozyrskyy V.V., Kaplun V.V., Voloshyn S.M. Elektropostachannya ahropromyslovoho kompleksu. [Power supply for agro-industrial complex]. Kiev. Ahrarna osvita. 2011. [in Ukrainian].
6. Kopylov I.P., Klokov B.K. Spravochnik po elektricheskim mashinam. [Reference book on electrical machines]. Moscow. Energoatomizdat. 1989. [in Russian].
7. Ostroverkhov M.YA., Pyzhov V.M. Modelyuvannya elektromekhanichnykh system v Simulink: navch. posibnyk dlya stud. vyshch. navch. zakladiv [Modeling of electromechanical systems in Simulink: a textbook for students at higher educational institutions]. Kiev. Stylos. 2008. [in Ukrainian].
8. Weather for a month. Retrived from https://www.gismeteo.ua/ua/ (application date: 17/01/2018) [in Ukrainian].
9. Sokolovskyy O.F., Sokolovska L.M. Enerhozberihayuche keruvannya osvitlyuvalnoyu ustanovkoyu. [Energy saving man-agement of lighting equipment]. Visnyk Zhytomyrskoho natsion-alnoho ahroekolohichnoho universytetu. 2017). No. 1(58). vol.1. Pp. 243-302. [in Ukrainian].
10. Sonyachnyy kalendar u Zhytomyre na sichenʹ 2018 roku. [Zhytomyr region solar calendar for January 2018.] Retrived from http://ua.365.wiki/world/ukraine/zhytomyr/sun/calendar/ january/ (Applying Date: May 21, 2018). [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 122 PDF Downloads: 53