A SYSTEM FOR MEASUREMENTS OF THE PV MODULE PARAMETERS IN REAL OPERATIONAL CONDITIONS
The measuring and calculation system for determining of electrical characteristics of photovoltaic (PV) modules in real conditions by the method of alternating active loading is developed. The theoretical method of processing experimental data, developed in this work, allows one to determine on the base of experimental data for current-voltage characteristics the parameters of the electric equivalent scheme of PV module: photocurrent, reverse saturation current of pn junction, coefficient of non-ideality of pn junction, series and parallel resistances of electric losses. Using of this system is actual for testing the current state of PV modules in field conditions, for correct determination of electrical parameters of modules. It should be noted that these parameters are not provided in full by the manufacturers, but they are essential for the diagnostics of modules on PV plants. Knowledge of the module parameters is also necessary for correct solution of optimization problems under design of PV system and for prediction of energy output in different external conditions. The measurement of current-voltage characteristics of PV modules is realized on the basis of the microcontroller board Arduino Mega 2560, which provides switching of load resistors with electronic relays, collection and transfer of experimental data to PC by the serial port. The elements of the equivalent scheme of PV modules are calculated by the original method for solving of nonlinear equations system by a stable iterative algorithm, which is based on the decomposition of nonlinear equations on the small parameters. A number of measurements at various solar radiation and temperature was performed and dependencies of the main PV module parameters on external factors were determined. Ref. 14, fig. 6.
2. Jia Q.X., Ebiharaand K., Ikegami T. Analytical solution for solar cell model parameters from illuminated current-voltage characteristics. Philosophical MagazineB. 1995. Vol. 7. Pp. 375–382. [in English].
3. Zuhal E.R., Rouabah Z., Kizilkanetal G. Standard sand Testing Experiments for a Photovoltaic Module. European Journal of Science and Technology. Special Issue. January 2018. Pp. 12-15. [in English].
4. Humada A. M.. Solar cell parameters extraction based on single and double-diode models: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2016. Vol. 56. Pp. 494-509. [in English].
5. Duran E., Piliougine M., Sidrach-de-Cardona M., Galan J., Andujar J.M. Different methods to obtain the I-V curve of pv module: A review. 2008. Retrived from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/ 224445394_Different_methods_to_obtain_the_I-V_curve_of_PV_modules_A_review, [in English].
6. Duran E., Ferrera M.B., Andújar J.M., Mesa M.S. I-V and P-V Curves Measuring System for PV Modules based on DC-DC Converters and Portable Graphical Environment, 2010. Retrived from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/ 224195822_I-V_and_P-V_curves_measuring_system_for_ PV_modules_based_on_DC-DC_converters_and_portable_ graphical_environment. [in English].
7. Bashahu M., Nkundabakura P. Review and tests of methods for the determination of the solar cell junction ideality factors. Solar Energy. 2007. Vol. 81. Pp. 856-863. [in English].
8. Zhang C., Zhang J., Hao Y. A simple and efficient solar cell parameter extraction method from a single current-voltage curv. Journal of Applied Physics. 2011. Vol. 110. 064504 p. [in English].
9. Gaevskii A. Opredelenie parametrov fotoelektricheskih moduley na osnove tochnogo resheniya uravneniya dlya VAH. [Determination of the PV modules parameters on the base of exact solution for the CVC equation]. VIdnovluvana energetika. 2012. No.4. Pp. 32-39. [in Russian].
10. Kong K.C., Mamat M., Ibrahim M.Z. New Approach on Mathematical Modeling of Photovoltaic Solar Panel. Applied
Mathematical Sciences. 2012. Vol. 6, Pp. 381-401. [in English].
11. Gaevskii A. Method for determining parameters of PV modules in field conditions. 2019 IEEE 6th International Conference on Energy Smart Systems. Кyiv. Ukraine. 2019. [in English].
12. Andreev V., Grilihes V., Rumyantsev V. Foto-elektricheskoe preobrazovanie kontsentrirovannogo solnech-nogo izlucheniya. L. Nauka. 1989. 310 p. [Photoelectric con-version of concentrated solar radiation. L. Science. 1989. 310 p. [in Russian].
13. Woyte A., Nijs J., Belmans R. Partial shadowing of photovoltaic arrays with different system conﬁgurations: literature survey and ﬁeld results. Solar Energy. 2003. Vol.74. Pp.217-233.
Abstract views: 45 PDF Downloads: 34