COMPARISON OF THE TECHNICAL PARAMETERS OF WIND POWER PLANTS (WPP) AND TIDAL POWER PLANTS (TPP) USED IN AREAS WITH LOW NATURAL ENERGY POTENTIALS
Wind power plants (WPP) and a small tidal power plants (TPP) – up to 1000 kW, are most suitable for use in remote regions with low natural energy potentials. In regions in which the constancy of force and the stability of wind directions are not typical, the efficiency of the wind turbine is reduced. Therefore, when choosing alternative energy supply sources for such regions, it is advisable to make a comparative assessment of the wind turbines and other available types of facilities efficiency, one of which the tidal power plants can be. For this purpose the calculations of synchronous generators with excitation from permanent magnets was made, to compare their parameters in WPP and TPP with the similar power (600 kW). The calculation results demonstrate a number of advantages of the aggregate part of the tidal station, such as higher efficiency, smaller mass-dimensional characteristics and, correspondingly, a reduction in the cost of materials up to 4 times. All of the factors described above and calculation methods should be taken into account in the framework of an integrated approach in the development of the energy supply concept for the region where the necessary natural conditions for the tidal power plants installation are avaliable.
with integrated wind power plants // Renewable energy– 2014.– №1. –p. 59-64
2. Landau Yu., Sirenko L. Hydroenergetics and the environment, Kiev, 2004, p. 36-39
3. Bernstein L. B. Tidal power plants. –M., Energoatomizdat, 1987. – p. 38, 394.
4. Bernstein L. B., Silakov V. N., Usachev I. N. and others. Tidal power plants. – M.: JSC "Institute Hydroproject" – 1994.
5. Permynov Y., Kokhanevich V., Shikhailov N., Permynova S. Determination of parameters and basic dimensions of the generator for low power tidal plants (up to 1000 kW)// Renewable energy. – 2017. – №3. –p. 46-59
6. Kudrya S.A., Perminov Y.N. Some features of calculation of the saturated magnetic circuit of a synchronous generator // Renewable energy. – 2006.– №4
7. Mkhitaryan N. M., Kudrya S.A., Perminov Yu.N., Budenny V.F. Design of synchronous generators for low-power installations of low power // Renewable energy. – 2006. №1
8. Kudrya S.A., Perminov Yu.N. Methods of calculation of magnetic systems with permanent magnets // Renewable energy. – 2009.– №4
9. Kudrya S.A., Perminov Yu.N. Optimization of the excitation system of electric machines// Renewable energy. – 2012.– №4
Abstract views: 29 PDF Downloads: 31
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.