USE OF BIOFUELS BY PUBLIC ROAD TRANSPORT AS ONE OF THE INSTRUMENTS TO STIMULATE THE DEMAND FOR BIOFUEL IN UKRAINE
The paper focuses on the state of art of biofuels market development in Ukraine. The reasons for biofuels production in Ukraine are the need to load existing sugar refineries, create new and maintain the existing jobs, improve the environmental situation in cities and partially replace imports of fossil fuels. The purpose of the article is to calculate whether the use of motor biofuels in the public transport system (in particular, by buses) will be sufficient to meet the obligations provided for by the National Renewable Energy Action Plan for the period up to 2020. This topic is particularly timely, given that the predominant share of petrol and diesel is imported by Ukraine, and almost all of the country's biodiesel feedstock (first of all rape seed) grown in the country is exported. It is determined that by 2019 biofuels in Ukraine are practically not produced. There is foreign experience of use of high particles of a biological component in fuel up to the complete replacement of fossil fuels (eg. fuel В100), which is produced for specific target groups such as buses, trucks, and the like. Based on available statistical data and assumptions, the use of bioethanol by buses for the complete replacement of biofuels, as determined by the National Renewable Energy Action Plan, is proved unrealistic, as high share of passenger buses is privately owned, as well as because buses are technically not adapted to use a high proportion of biofuels. Accordingly, other tools to stimulate the use of bioethanol are needed, such as blending mandate requirement. The use of biodiesel by buses is calculated to reach only 2% of the required calculated amount of diesel fuel. Given the availability of biodiesel in the market, such a volume of diesel fuel consumption in the system of communal passenger transport is quite realistic. Ref. 17, tabl.2, fig. 2.
2. DSTU 4839:2007 Benzyny avtomobilni pidvyshchenoi yakosti. Tekhnichni umovy. [State All-Union Standard 4839:2007 High quality gasoline for vehicles. Specifica-tions]. [Electronic resource]. URL: http://energy-efficiency.in.ua/wp-content/uploads/DSTUoil/dsty%204839-2007.pdf. (Applying date: 18.07.2019). [in Ukrainian].
3. Zelena knyha Rehuliuvannia vyrobnytstva ridkykh motornykh biopalyv. [Green Book Regulation of output of liquid biofuels]. 2019. [Electronic resource]. URL: www.brdo.com.ua (Applying date: 18.07.2019). [in Ukrainian].
4. Lahutina N.M. Stvorennia normatyvno-pravovoho pidhruntia dlia rozvytku sfery vyrobnytstva ridkoho biopalyva. [Creation of legal and regulatory framework for the development of liquid biofuel production]. [Electronic resource]. URL: http://saee.gov.ua/sites/default/files/Lagytina.pdf. (Apply-ing date: 18.07.2019). [in Ukrainian].
5. Nakaz DP «Ukrainskyi naukovo-doslidnyi i navchal-nyi tsentr problem standartyzatsii, sertyfikatsii ta yakosti» vid 28.07.2017 №197 «Pro pryiniattia natsionalnykh normatyvnykh dokumentiv, harmonizovanykh z yevropeiskymy normatyvnymy dokumentamy». [Order of the State Enterprise "Ukrainian Research and Training Center for Standardization, Certification and Quality" dated 07/27/2017, №197 "On the Adoption of National Normative Documents Harmonized with European Regulatory Documents]. [in Ukrainian].
6. Postanova KMU vid 1 bereznia 2017 r. № 130 «Pro zatverdzhennia Poriadku vykorystannia koshtiv, peredbachenykh u derzhavnomu biu¬dzheti dlia chastkovoi kompensatsii vartosti silskohospodarskoi tekhniky ta obladnannia, spetsialnykh vahoniv dlia perevezennia zerna, obladnannia dlia vyrobnytstva bioetanolu ta elektroenerhii z biomasy, shcho zakupleni u vitchyznianykh vy-robnykiv». [CMU Resolution No. 130 of March 1, 2017 "On Approval of the Procedure for Using the Funds Envisaged in the State Budget for Partial Compensation for the Cost of Agricultural Machinery and Equipment, Special Grain Carriages, Equipment for the Production of Bioethanol and Electricity from Biomass, Purchased from domestic producers »]. [in Ukrainian].
7. Postanova KMU vid 30 sichnia 2019 r. № 123 «Pro vnesennia zmin do postanov Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 8 liutoho 2017 r. № 77 i vid 1 bereznia 2017 r. № 130». [CMU Resolution No. 123 of January 30, 2019 "On Amendments to the Decrees of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of February 8, 2017 No. 77 and March 1, 2017 No. 130"]. [in Ukrainian].
8. Stratehiia YeS shchodo vykorystannia biolohichnoho palyva. Povidomlennia Komisii. Briussel, COM (2006) 34 kintsevyi. [EU strategy on the use of biofuels. Commission communication. Brussels, COM (2006) 34 final]. [in Ukrainian].
9. Transport i zviazok Ukrainy - 2016. [Transport and communications of Ukraine – 2016]. Statystychnyi zbirnyk. Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy Statistical collection. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kyiv. 2017. 175 p. [in Ukrainian].
10. Chybiskova G.S. Stymuliuvannia rozvytku rynku bi-opalyva v Ukraini. [Stimulation of development of the biofuel market Abstract of the dissertation for obtaining the scientific degree of the candidate of economic sciences. Kyiv. 2009. [in Ukrainian].
11. Bart J.C.J., Palmeri N., Cavallaro S. Biodiesel Sci-ence and Technology: From Soil to Oil. Woodhead Publishing Limited. 2011. 839 p. [in English]. ISBN 978-1-84569-591-0.
12. B100 (Biodiesel). [Electronic resource]. URL: https://f3centre.se/app/uploads/fuels_fact_sheet_7_b100_170814.pdf (Applying date: 18.07.2019). [in English].
13. European Renewable Ethanol. Enabling Innovation and Sustainable Development. State of the industry. 2015. [Elec-tronic resource]. URL: https://epure.org/media/1215/epure_state_industry2015_web.pdf (Applying date: 18.07.2019). [in English].
14. Flach B., Lieberz S., Lappin J., Bolla S. EU-28 Bio-fuels Annual. EU Biofuels Annual 2018. 2018. [Electronic re-source]. URL:https://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20Publications/Biofuels%20Annual_The%20Hague_EU-28_7-3-2018.pdf. (Applying date: 18.07.2019). [in English].
15. Glossary: Tonnes of oil equivalent (toe). [Electronic resource]. URL: https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics-explained/index.php/Glossary:Tonnes_of_oil_equivalent_(toe). (Applying date: 18.07.2019). [in English].
16. REN21. 2017 Renewables Global Futures Report: Great debates towards 100% renewable energy (Paris: REN21 Secretariat). [Electronic resource]. URL: http://www.ren21.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/GFR-Full-Report-2017.pdf. (Applying date: 18.07.2019). [in English].
17. Stockholm is the world’s first capital with 100% fos-sil free bus services. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.biofuel-express.com/stockholm-is-the-worlds-first-capital-with-100-fossil-free-bus-services/?lang=en. (Applying date: 18.07.2019). [in English].