INCREASING OF ENERGY EFFECTIVE OF BIOGAS REACTORS
For small farms the processing of organic waste in energy efficient biogas reactors is relevant. The purpose of the work is to increase the energy efficiency of biogas reactors. Two novel designs of biogas reactor have been developed which differ from the known designs in that they transform the translational motion of the gasholder into the rotation of the mixing device by using a gear-rack mechanism and a cable-thrust mechanism respectively. In this case the biogas accumulated in the gasholder is used to mix the substrate. It has been shown that the energy efficiency of biogas reactors with wet gasholders is enhanced by reducing energy to support the digestion process. The proposed reactor designs can be used to design new and refine existing wet gasholders biogas reactors. An anaerobic digestion of cow manure using biochar was carried out obtained by the method of partial gasification of sunflower stems and wood chips. It has been determined that biogas yield increased by 7.9-14.6% and methane output increased by 6.7-11.4% during digestion of substrates that were introduced with biochar compared to the control substrate. The maximum intensity of biogas output and the duration of the lag phase during the digestion of the cow manure including the biochar introduced into the cow manure were determined. It has been shown that the energy efficiency of biogas reactors with wet gasholders is enhanced by intensification of the digestion process. The proposed biochar can be used to intensify the digestion process. Ref. 13, fig. 5.
2. Kuria J., Maringa M. Development simple procedures for selecting, sizing, scheduling of materials and costing of small biogas units. International Journal for Service Learning in Engi-neering. 2008. Vol. 3. No. 1. Pp. 9-40. [in English].
3. Khoiyangbam G., Kumar S., Jain M. Methane losses from floating gasholder type biogas plants in relation to global warming. Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. 2004. Vol. 63. Pp. 344-347. [in English].
4. Werner U., Stöhr U., Hees N. Biogas plants in animal husbandry – a practical guide. Friedr. Vieweg and Sohn. Braun-schweig.Wiesbaden. 1989. 153 p. [in English].
5. Lehman J., Kyzyakov Y., Pan G., Ok Y. Biochars and the plant-soil interface. Plant and Soil. 2015. Vol. 395. Pp. 1-5. [in English].
6. Tambone F., Scaglia B., D’Imporzano G., Schievano A., Orzi V., Salati S., Adani F. Assessing amendment and fertilizing properties of digestates from anaerobic digestion through a com-parative study with digested sludge and compost. Chemosphere. 2010. Vol. 81. Pp. 577-583. [in English].
7. Cai J., He P., Wang Y., Shao L., Lu F. Effects and optimi-zation of the use of biochar in anaerobic digestion of food waste. Waste Manag. Res. 2016. No. 5. Pp. 409-416. [in English].
8. Angelidaki I., Ellegaard L., Ahring B.K. A mathematical model for dynamic simulation of anaerobic digestion of complex substrates. Focusing on ammonia inhibition. Bioresource Tech-nology. 1993. No. 42. Pp. 159-166. [in English].
9. Koster I.W., Lettinga G. Anaerobic digestion at extreme ammonia concentrations. Biol. Wastes. 1988. Vol. 25. Pp. 51-59. [in English].
10. Sung S., Liu T. Ammonia inhibition on thermophilic an-aerobic digestion. Chemosphere. 2003. Vol. 53. Pp. 43-52. [in English].
11. Yoshida H., Tokumoto H., Nishiguchi R. Improvement of anaerobic digestion using immobilization methanogens. [Elec-tronic resource]. URL: https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/apcche/2004/0/2004_0_854/_pdf. (Applying date: 12.06.2019). [in English].
12. Zvietering M., Jongenburger I., Rombouts F., Vant Riet K. Modeling of the bacterial growth curve. Applied and Environ-mental Microbiology. 1990. No. 56. Pp. 1875-1881. [in English].
13. DSTU EN 12048:2005. Dobryva tverdi ta vapnuvalʹni materialy. Vyznachennya vmistu volohy hravimetrychnym metodom. Vysushuvannya za temperatury 105±2 °C. [State Standard EN 12048:2005. Fertilizers for solid and lime materials. Determination of moisture content by gravimetric method. Drying at 105 ± 2 °С]. State Committee of Ukraine for Technical Regula-tion and Consumer Policy Publ. Кyiv. 2006. [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 22 PDF Downloads: 19