SIMULATION OF OPTOELECTRONIC LOAD POWERED BY PHOTOCELL AND BATTERY
The goal of this work is to create equivalent electrical circuits of optoelectronic load that is powered by the photocell and the battery. This paper demonstrates the need to create such equivalent electrical circuits, when connecting LEDs and semiconductor lasers to solar cells, as a source of electricity, and when using battery power. It is shown that equivalent electrical circuits derive from physical phenomena in semiconductor devices, and equations describing the phenomena of electrical energy conversion to light. Different equivalent schemes of optoelectronic loads are outlined. Both the simplest and the most generalized equivalent circuits are shown. In particular, equivalent circuit of a battery, a simplified circuits of a photocell and an optoelectronic source of light is shown, where the LED is a load. It is noted that the development of this model is a more generalized equivalent electrical circuit where a semiconductor injection laser is an optoelectronic load. Their parameters and equations for currents and voltages are described. The existence of passive parasitic elements in such electrical circuits is also shown. It has also been shown that the ideal voltage source and the capacitor resistor are used in the simplified model to replace the photocell. Subsequently, in the generalized model, an ideal current source and nonlinear passive elements were used as a substitution scheme for wider modeling of the photocell operation. That is, as a result, a generalized equivalent electrical circuit of a battery connected to the photovoltaic cell and optoelectronic load was obtained. The equation for currents and voltages in the obtained substitution circuit is constructed. The conclusion was drawn. Ref. 7, fig. 5.
2. Bondarenko D.V. Use of electrical equivalent circuits at simulation optoelectronic systems. 5th International Workshop on Laser and Fiber-Optical Networks Modeling. Proceedings of LFNM. 2003. Pp. 72-74. [in English].
3. Bondarenko D.V. The equivalent electrical circuits of semiconductor lasers with quantum wells. 6th International Workshop on Laser and Fiber-Optical Networks Modeling. Proceedings of LFNM. 2004. Pp. 125-127. [in English].
4. Bondarenko D.V. Ekvivalentni shemy akumuliatoriv el-ektroenergii yaki pidklucheni dosoniachnyh fotoelementiv. [Equivalent circuits of electric power accumulators connected to solar photocells]. Vidnovluvana energetika. 2019. No. 3. Pp. 30-34. doi: 10.36296/1819-8058.2019.3(58).30-34. [in Ukrainian].
5. Bondarenko D.V. Vykorystannia ekvivalentnyh el-ektrychnyh shem dlia rozrahunku perehidnyh protsesiv u kolah z fotobatareeiu ta neliniynym optoelekronnyn navantazhenniam. [Using of equivalent electrical circuits for calculating transition processes in circles with pv-battery and nonlinear optoelectronic load]. Proceedings of the Institute of Electrodynamics of the Na-tional Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Collection of scientific works. 2002. No. 2. Pp. 13-15. [in Ukrainian].
6. Bondarenko D.V., Kudria T.S., Ashueva T.G. Electrychna model batarei soniachnyh elementiv. [Electrical model of solar cells battery]. Renewable energy. 2005. No. 2. Pp. 21-25. [in Ukrainian].
7. Bondarenko D.V. Vykorystannia soniachnyh batarei dlia pobudovy avtonomnyh system ekologichjnogo monitoryngu. [Useing of solar panels for the design of autonomous systems of environmental monitoring]. Vidnovluvana energetika. 2015. No. 3. Pp. 18-20. [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 15 PDF Downloads: 7