UTILIZATION OF PHENOL-CONTAINING WASTEWATER FROM GASIFIER PLANT BY METHANE ANAEROBIC DIGESTION
The results of experiments on methane anaerobic digestion of condensate in combination with cow manure are presented. Condensate was obtained during partial gasification of birch chips. The yield of biochar and condensate, sorption parameters of biochar namely the specific internal surface and iodine value are given. The concentration of phenolic compounds in the condensate was determined. The digestion process took place at a mesophilic temperature of 35 °C. Despite the inhibition of the digestion process by phenolic compounds of condensate which led to a longer lag phase there is a conversion of organic matter of condensate into biogas and intensification of digestion. Lag phase during digestion of condensate-containing substrates is up to 2,9–4,8 times longer than a control substrate that does not contain condensate. The maximum allowable concentration of phenolic compounds in the substrate is 103 mg/dm3 at which the digestion process takes place. The yield and composition of biogas, the degree of conversion of volatile solids and phenolic compounds are determined. The cumulative yield of biogas per unit volume of substrate is 40.3–58.6 % higher than that of condensate-containing substrates. The average concentration of methane in the produced biogas is 9.6–13.6 % higher than that of condensate-containing substrates. It has been shown that the volume of biogas produced and the methane content in biogas have increased due to the processing of phenolic compounds. The destruction of phenolic compounds in condensate-containing substrates ranged from 45.5 % to 80.3 %. Based on the obtained experimental results a schematic diagram for the industrial implementation of the above method of condensate conversion is developed. This will allow the physical heat of the generator gas to be used either to maintain a constant temperature inside the biogas reactor or to preheat the substrate. Organic acids, soluble tar and phenolic compounds present in the condensate are processed in a biogas reactor to produce biogas. Ref. 13, tabl. 1, fig. 2.
2. Kremnyeva K.V. Pidvyshchennya efektyvnosti dvostadiynoho protsessu hazyfikatsiyi dribnodyspersnoyi biomasy dlya koheneratsiynykh ustanovok maloyi potuzhnosti. [The two-stage efficiency of the gasification process of the dispersed biomassi for cogeneration plants of small need]. avtoref. dys. na zdobuttya nauk. stupenya kand. tekhn. nauk. spets. 05.14.06. Dnipro. 2015. 21 p. [in Ukrainian].
3. Karp I.N., Martsevoy Ye.P., Pyanykh K.Ye., Antoshchuk T.A., Pyanykh K.K. Issledovaniye i vnedreniye protsessov gazifikatsii ugley i biomassy s tsel'yu zameshcheniya prirodnogo gaza. [Research and implementation of coal and biomass gasification processes to replace natural gas]. Energotekhnologii i resursosberezheniye. [Energy Technologies and Resource Saving]. 2014. No. 4. Pp. 3–11. [in Russian].
4. Klyus S.V. Enerhoefektyvne peretvorennya biomasy v horyuchyy haz i biovuhillya v hazoheneratorakh shchilnoho sharu palyva. [Energy efficient conversion of biomass into combustible gas and biochar in gas generators of dense fuel layer]. avtoref. dys. na zdobuttya nauk. stupenya kand. tekhn. nauk: spets. 05.14.08. К. 2016. 24 p. [in Ukrainian].
5. Pyanykh K.K. Detsentralizovannoye proizvodstvo elektroenergii s ispol'zovaniyem gazifikatsii biomassy. Rezul'taty issledovaniy. [Decentralized electricity production using biomass gasification. Research results]. tezy dopovidey. Mizhnarodna naukovo-praktychna konferentsiya «Vidnovlyuvana enerhetyka ta enerhoefektyvnist u XXI stolitti». [International scientific-practical conference "Renewable energy and energy efficiency in the XXI century]. K. 26-28 September 2018 year. Pp. 571-575. [in Russian].
6. Rajvanski A.K. Biomass gasification. Alternative energy in agriculture. CRC Press. 1986. Vol. II. Pр. 83-102. [in English].
7. Alyeyeksenkov A.M. Pravyla pryymannya ta skydu stichnykh vod pidpryyemstv u systemu kanalizatsiyi. [Rules for receiving and discharging wastewater from enterprises into the sewerage system]. Dnipro. KP Dniprovodokanal. 2012. 38 p. [in Ukrainian].
8. Kantorov M.V. Gazogeneratory i gazogeneratornyye stantsii v metallurgicheskoy promyshlennosti. [Gas generators and gas generating stations in the metallurgical industry]. M. Metallurgizdat. 1958. 467 p. [in Russian].
9. Josse J.C., Benedek A. Syngas biomethanation process and anaerobic system. Pat. Pub. No. US 2015/0027179 A1. [in English].
10. Fang H., Liu Y., Ke S., Zhang T. Anaerobic degradation of phenol in wastewater at ambient temperature. Water Science and Technology: IWA Publishing, 2004. Vol. 49. No. 1. Pр. 95-102. [in English].
11. Fang H., Liang D., Zhang T., Lia Y. Anaerobic treatment of phenol in wastewater under thermophilic condition. Water research. 2006. Vol. 40. Pр. 427-434. [in English].
12. Klius V.P., Chetveryk H.O. Pererobka kondensatu hazoheneratornoyi ustanovky v biohaz. [Conversion of condensate of the syngas plant into biogas]. Vidnovluvana energetika. 2017. No. 4. Pp. 84-92. [in Ukrainian].
13. Klius V.P., Chetveryk H.O. Sumisne anaerobne brodinnya gnoyovih vidhodiv ta kondensatu gazogeneratornoyi ustanovki. [Simultaneous anaerobic digestion of manure waste and condensate of a syngas plant]. Vidnovluvana energetika. 2017. No. 3. Pp. 80–86. [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 33 PDF Downloads: 14