FEATURES OF THE INTRODUCTION OF ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY TECHNOLOGIES IN THE ENERGY SECTOR OF UKRAINE
The purpose of the article is to identify ways to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, which significantly contribute to the heat balance of the earth. The 2019 report on the gap in emission levels prepared by the United Nations Environment Program shows that measures on current policies to reduce harmful emissions are clearly inadequate. There is a constant growing interest in renewable energy in the world caused by environmental considerations: climate change and an increase in the content of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. In Ukraine, the use of renewable energy sources, in particular wind and solar energy, is developing rapidly. At the same time, when introducing new capacities of renewable energy facilities, there are mains and system problems. Therefore, an increase in renewable energy capacities requires the creation of a more flexible energy system in Ukraine, including resolving the issue of reserve and balancing capacities. The article substantiates the use of power plants based on renewable energy sources, which are equipped with hydrogen-based electric energy storage systems, as balancing capacities of an energy storage system operator. The specified system of electric energy storage allows the transfer of energy from the period of its “surplus” to the period of its “deficit”. The peculiarity of the hydrogen technology is that it provides the most economical option for storing electricity and the further use of this stored energy with a discharge duration of up to several days. Information is provided on a real pilot project for introducing energy storage from renewable energy sources using hydrogen technology, which is being implemented in the European Union under the "Horizon 2020" program. RES hybrid plants that are equipped with hydrogen technology can provide real-time energy balancing. The technically achievable potential of renewable energy in the country exceeds the current annual electricity consumption of Ukraine. The use of "green" hydrogen, produced without CO2 emissions, contributes to solving the environmental problem of global warming. Ref. 9, tabl. 1, fig. 3.
2. The Emissions Gap Report 2019. United Nations Environment Programme. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.unenvironment.org/resources/emissions-gap-report-2019 (Applying date: 27.05.2020). [in English].
3. Informaciya shhodo potuzhnosti ta obsyagiv vyrobnycztva elektroenergiyi obyektamy vidnovlyuvanoyi elektroenergetyky, yakym vstanovleno «zelenyj» taryf (stanom na kinecz IV kvartalu 2019 roku). [Information on the capacity and volume of electricity production by renewable electricity facilities, which have a "green" tariff (as of the end of the fourth quarter of 2019)]. The state agency on energy efficiency and energy saving of Ukraine. 2020. 4 p. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://saee.gov.ua/uk/content/informatsiyni-materialy (Applying date: 27.05.2020). [in Ukrainian].
4. Zatverdzheno Zvit z ocinky vidpovidnosti (dostatnosti) generuyuchyx potuzhnostej–2019. [Approved Report on conformity assessment (sufficiency) of generating capacities - 2019]. National commission for state regulation in the fields of energy and communal services. 2020. [Electronic resource]. URL: http://www.nerc.gov.ua/index_last.php?news=10017 (Applying date: 27.05.2020). [in Ukrainian].
5. IEA G20 Hydrogen report: Assumptions. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.iea.org/reports/the-future-of-hydrogen/data-and-assumptions (Applying date: 27.05.2020). [in English].
6. Budko M.O. Vykorystannya zelenogo vodnyu dlya otrymannya alternatyvnyx energonosiyiv. [Using of green hydrogen to obtain alternative fuels]. Proceedings of the XXI conference "Renewable energy and energy efficiency in the 21st century“. 2020. Pp. 199-202. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.ive.org.ua/?page_id=2397 (Applying date: 27.08.2020). [in Ukrainian].
7. The world’s first integrated power-to-X-to-power hydrogen gas turbine demonstrator. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://press.siemens.com/global/en/pressrelease/hyflexpower-worlds-first-integrated-power-x-power-hydrogen-gas-turbine-demonstrator (Applying date: 27.05.2020). [in English].
8. Koncepciya «zelenogo» energetychnogo perexodu Ukrayiny do 2050 roku. [The conception of "green" energy transition of Ukraine until 2050]. Ministry of energy and environmental protection of Ukraine. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://menr.gov.ua/news/34424.html (Applying date: 27.05.2020). [in Ukrainian].
9. Kudrya S.O. Elektroenergetychnyj potencial vidnovlyuvanyx dzherel energiyi Ukrayiny. [Electric power potential of renewable energy sources in Ukraine]. Proceedings of the XXI conference “Renewable energy and energy efficiency in the 21st century”. 2020. Pp. 26-33. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.ive.org.ua/?page_id=2397 (Applying date: 27.08.2020). [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 35 PDF Downloads: 13