DISPOSAL OF PHOTOVOLTAIC MODULES. PROBLEMS AND INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE
The article raises an important and topical issue of PV plants, which do not affect the environment in operation, but can negatively affect the environment in Ukraine, provided they are decommissioned at the end of the guaranteed effective life, and the accumulation of harmful substances and compounds that are part of PV modules (PVM).
The paper describes the main types of PV modules, which are currently mass-produced by manufacturers and used in PV plants in the world and their main components. Problems that arise in the event of failure of the PVM due to expiration or damage, etc. are identified.
The state of affairs concerning utilization of the main components of PV plants – PVM in the advanced countries of the world in the plane of normative maintenance of these works, development of necessary additional regulations, and also already existing technologies which are applied or developed is considered. The necessity and possibilities of reuse of the vast majority of PVM of materials and compounds obtained during utilization are described. The review, its analysis and the trends of rapid development of photovoltaics in the world necessitate the creation of an entire industry sector in Ukraine, which will dispose of used PVM and prepare recycling products for reuse now, without waiting for mass failure of PVM. This will significantly reduce the negative burden on the environment.
The goals and tasks to be fulfilled by Ukraine in the shortest possible time in the direction of utilization of PVM are outlined. These are the following steps: development and implementation of the necessary regulations, new effective technologies for processing PVM and specialized industries (or modernization and adjustment of existing on the basis of enterprises for the manufacture of PVM), etc. Ref. 12, fig. 2.
2. Reztsov V.F., Surjyk T.V., Pundev V.O., Shevchuk V.I., Kirnos L.A., Sheyko I.О. Vymogy shchodo zabezpechennya ecologichnykh factoriv pry vprovadzhenni technology fotoenrgetyky v Ukrayini. [Requirements for providing environmental factors in implementation of photo energy technologies in ukraine]. Vidnovluvana energetika. 2019. No. 4(59). Pp. 29-36 [in Ukranian].
3. Sonyachna enerhetyka Ukrayiny. [Solar energy of Ukraine]. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://uk.wikipedia.org/wiki/Сонячна_енергетика_України. (Applying date: 14.07.20). [in Ukranian].
4. Weckend S., Wade A., Heath G. IRENA. IEA-PVPS: End-of-life management:Solar Photovoltaic Panels. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.irena.org/publications/2016/Jun/End-of-life-management-Solar-Photovoltaic-Panels. (Applying date: 14.07.20). [in English].
5. EN 50625-2-4. Collection, logistics & treatment requirements for WEEE-Part 2-4: Treatment requirements for photovoltaic panels. 2017. 19 p. [in English].
6. CENELEC - CLC/TS 50625-3-5. Collection, logistics & Treatment requirements for WEEE-Part 3-5: Technical specification for de-pollution-Photovoltaic panels. 2017. 16 p. [in English].
7. NSF/ANSI 457. Sustainability Leadership of Photovoltaic Modules. 2017. 45 p. [in English].
8. Yaponiya bere pid povnyy kontrol utylizatsiyu sonyachnykh batarey. [Japan is taking full control of the disposal of solar panels]. UKRINFORM. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-technology/2647960-aponia-bere-pid-povnij-kontrol-utilizaciu-sonacnih-batarej.html. (Applying date: 14.07.20).
9. Holm N., Martin J. Solar Panel Recycling. Illinois Sustainable Technology Center. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://swanaillinois.org/images/files/users/swana10/N.Holm&J.Martin ISTC Solar Power Facts.pdf . (Applying date: 14.07.20).
10. Chy ye druhe zhyttya u sonyachnykh paneley?. [Does solar panels have a second life?]. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://avenston.com/ru/articles/solar-second-life/. (Applying date: 14.07.20).
11. DSTU 8328:2015. Helioenerhetyka. Moduli fotoelektrychni. Zahalni tekhnichni vymohy. [DSTU 8328:2015. Solar energy. Photovoltaic modules. General technical requirements]. Kiev. DP "UkrNDNC". 2016. 30 p.
12. DSTU 8635:2016. Helioenerhetyka. Ploshchadky dlya fotoelektrychnykh stantsiy. Pryyednannya do elektroenerhetychnoyi systemy. [DSTU 8635: 2016. Solar energy. Sites for photovoltaic stations. Connection to the power system]. Kiev. DP "UkrNDNC". 2016. 52 p.
Abstract views: 17 PDF Downloads: 10