COORDINATED CONTROL OF MOTOR-GENERATOR VARIABLES IN THE ELECTRIC BREAKING MODE
There are a number of installations and technological processes, the movement of which is carried out by an external source of energy, and the electric machine, not being the main source of movement, constantly or periodically is in the mode of electric generating braking to provide the desired characteristics of the workflow.
The problem solved in this research is to expand the functionality of the generator and the motor in the electric braking mode. The problem is solved by an automatic control of the coordinates of the electric machine in the generator mode. A feature of the proposed control method is that one or more coordinates of generator or motor in electric braking mode are forcibly set by an external energy source, and the goal of coordinated control of other variables of an electric machine is to provide a given law for converting mechanical energy into electrical or an algorithm for the movement of an executive object of a working machine.
The article presents example of the synthesis of regulated electric drive control algorithm based on the principle of coordinated control of variables.
The example concerns the inverted mode of operation of a pumping unit of a hydro storage power station. According to the criterion of constant output power under conditions of changing the liquid level, an algorithm for frequency control of an asynchronous machine is synthesized, which is realized by adjusting the calculated idling speed of the engine, the rotor of which rotates an external motion source with a speed, that can generally change according to an random law. The task of the control algorithm is to maintain a constant power generation energy, regardless of the actual speed of rotation of the rotor.
The proposed approach to the synthesis of generator mode of electric machines, through the use of the principle of coordinated control of variables, acquires qualitatively new properties, as compared with traditional methods of electric braking, increases the technical and economic indicators of the electromechanical system as a whole. Bibl. 9, fig. 6.
2. General Electric Renewable Energy. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.ge.com/renewableenergy/hydro-power/hydro-pumped-storage . (Applying date:25.01.2020). [in English].
3. Ela E., Krad I., Kirby B., Botterud A., Milostan C., Koritarov V. The Role of Pumped Storage Hydro Resources in Electricity Markets and System Operation. Preprint. National Renewable Energy Laboratory and Argonne National Laboratory. HydroVision International, Denver. Colorado. 23-26 July. 2013. 12 p. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy13osti/58655.pdf. (Applying date:25.01.2020). [in English].
4. Rehman Sh., Al-Hadhrami L.M., Alam Md.M. Pumped hydro energy storage system: A technological review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. Vol. 44. 2015. Pp. 586-598. [in English].
5. Levine J.G. Pumped Hydroelectric Energy Storage and Spatial Diversity of Wind Resources as Methods of Improving Utilization of Renewable Energy. B.S. Michigan Technological University. 2003. 100 p. [Electronic resource]. URL: http://www.colorado.edu/engineering/energystorage/files/MSThesis_JGLevine_final.pdf (Applying date: 25.01.2020). [in English].
6. King D.J., Bradley D.A., Mansoor S.P., Jones D.I., Aris F.C., Jones G.R. Advanced Control Strategies For Pumped Storage Plant. Conference. Hydrovision 2020. Portland. USA. August. 2020. 11 p. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/304173455_Advanced_Control_Strategies_for_Pumped_Storage_Plant/link/576914c908ae3bf53d32f27f/download. (Applying date: 25.01.2020). [in English].
7. Technical Analysis of Pumped Storage and Integration with Wind Power in the Pacific Northwest. Final Report. prepared for U.S. Army. Corps of Engineers Northwest Division Hydroelectric Design Center prepared by: August 2009. 166 p. [Electronic resource]. URL: https://www.hydro.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/PS-Wind-Integration-Final-Report-without-Exhibits-MWH-3.pdf. (Applying date:25.01.2020). [in English].
8. Sposib rehuliuvannia koordynat heneratora ta dvyhuna v rezhymi elektrychnoho halmuvannia. [The method of coordinates the generator and the motor control in electric braking mode]. pat. 126104 Ukraina. № u201712078. Zaiavl. 08.12.2017. Opubl. 11.06.2017. Biul. № 11. [in Ukrainian].
9. Popovich M.G., Teriaiev V.I., Kiselychnyk O.I., Burian S.O. Osoblyvosti syntezu ta doslidzhennia elektromekhanichnykh system z poslidovnoiu korektsiieiu ta chastotnorehulovanymy asynkhronnymy dvyhunamy. [Features of synthesis and access of electrical systems with a last-minute correction and frequency-controlled asynchronous motors]. Visnyk Kremenchutskoho derzhavnoho politekhnichnoho universytetu. Kremenchuk. KDPU. 2007. Vyp. 3/2007 (44). Vol. 2. Pp. 12-16. [in Ukrainian].
Abstract views: 17 PDF Downloads: 16