INTERACTION OF GRAVITY WAVES WITH TIDAL POWER PLANT
The use of renewable energy sources is urgent and relevant in the life of humanity in the current conditions of fuel and energy crisis and environmental pollution. One type of renewable energy source is tidal power plants, which use the potential energy of tides. Determining the features of the interaction of the wave flow with the designs of the tidal power plant and the creation of conditions for trouble-free and efficient operation of such stations is certainly an urgent problem in modern power engineering. The purpose of the research is to determine the effect of gravitational waves on the design of a tidal power plant and to develop recommendations for safe operating conditions of the tidal power plant. Numerical and experimental studies of the interaction of the wave flow with the structures of the tidal power plant and the dam enclosing the closed water area are conducted in this work. For this purpose, a modern apparatus of theoretical hydromechanics, probability theory and mathematical statistics was used, an experimental stand was created and laboratory studies were conducted in a wave pool, where a wave generator generated gravitational waves of the given parameters. Visual studies have been conducted and the integral and spectral characteristics of velocity and pressure fields have been determined. The hydrodynamic characteristics of wave motion and flows through the turbine tracts of a power plant and their spectral components are obtained. Pressure fields, loads and torque moments on the building of the station have been determined, and features of soil erosion at the junction of the station and the bottom of the reservoir have been established. Sandy soil erosion characteristics near the tidal power plant were evaluated. Recommendations were made regarding the trouble-free operation of the tidal power plant and the optimal thicknesses of the sand cushion and stone berm on which the station was built. Ref. 20, Fig. 5.
2. Vogel C.R., TairaD.T., Carmo B.S., Assi G.R.S., Willden R.H.J., Meneghini J.R. Prospects for tidal stream energy in the UK and South America: A review of challenges and opportunities. Polytechnica. 2019. № 1-2(2). Pp. 97-109. [in English].
3. Dawn S., Gope S., Das A., Bhowmik D., Koley I. Tidal energy as emergent energy source: A review. Proc. Intern. Conf. on Computational Intelligence and IoT (ICCIIoT). Tripura. NITA. 2018. Pp. 340-345. [in English].
4. Kononkova G.E., PokazeevK.V. Dinamika morskikh voln. [Dynamics of sea waves]. Moscow. Izd. MGU. 1985. 298 p. [in Russian].
5. Selezov I.T., Sidorchuk V.N., Yakovlev V.V. Transformaciya voln v pribrezhnoi zone shel’fa. [Transformation of waves in the coastal zone of the shelf]. Kyiv. Naukova dumka. 1983. 208 p. [in Russian].
6. Тkachenko V.А., Yakovlev V.V. Transformaciya voln na neodnorodnostyakh rel’efa donnoi poverkhnosti s pryamolineinumi granicami. [Wave transformation on inhomogeneities of the bottom surface relief with rectilinear boundaries]. Hydromechanika. 1987. Rel. 56. Pp. 3-6 [in Russian].
7. Auguste C., Nader J.-R., Marsh P., Cossu R. Influence of tidal energy converters on sediment dynamics in tidal channel. Proc. 13th European Wave and Tidal energy Conf. 1-6 Sept. 2019. Naples. Italy. 2019. Pp. 1508-1-10. [in English].
8. Voskoboinick V.A., Voskoboinick A.V., Areshkovych O.O., Voskoboinyk O.A. Pressure fluctuations on the scour surface before prismatic pier. Proc. 8th International Conference on Scour and Erosion (ICSE 2016) 12-15 September 2016. Oxford. UK. 2016. Рp. 905-910.
9. Xiang Q., Wei K., Qiu F., Yao C., Li Y. Experimental study of local scour around caissons under unidirectional and tidal currents. Water. 2020. 12(3). Pp. 640-1-18. [in English].
10. Ivanov V.А., Mikhinov А.Е. Prognoz dinamiki nanosov v pribrezhnoi zone moray (prakticheskie rekomendacii i primery paschetov) [Forecast of sediment dynamics in the coastal zone of the sea (practical recommendations and calculation examples)]. Sevastopol. Izd. MGFI. 1991. 50 p. [in Russian].
11. Zav’yalov Yu.S., Кvasov B.I., Мiroshnichenko V.L. Metody splain-funkcii [Spline function methods]. Мoscow. Nauka. 1980. 352 p. [in Russian].
12. Тkachenko V.А., Yakovlev V.V. Difrakciya nestacionarnoi akusticheskoi volny na absolyutno zhestkom cilindre, okruzhennom neodnorodnym sloem. [Diffraction of an unsteady acoustic wave by an absolutely rigid cylinder surrounded by an inhomogeneous layer]. Acoustical journal. 1985. № 2(31). Pp. 255-260. [in Russian].
13. Voskoboinick V., Voskoboinyk O., Voskobijnyk A. Investigation of wall pressure fluctuation fields using miniature sensors. Abstracts of IX International Scientific and Practical Conference “Actual Aspects of Development in the context of Globalization”. Florence. Italy. 2020. Pp. 265-269. [in English].
14. Voskoboinick V., Kornev N., Turnow J. Study of near wall coherent flow structures on dimpled surfaces using unsteady pressure measurements. Flow Turbulence Combust. 2013. No. 4(90). Pp. 709-722. [in English].
15. Voskoboinick V.A., Turick V.N., Voskoboinyk O.A., Voskoboinick A.V., Tereshchenko I.A. Influence of the deep spherical dimple on the pressure field under the turbulent boundary layer. In: Hu Z., Petoukhov S., Dychka I., He M. (eds) Advances in Computer Science for Engineering and Education. ICCSEEA 2018. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing. Springer. Cham. 2019. Vol. 754. Pp. 23-32. [in English].
16. Bendat J.S., Piersol A.G. Random Data: Analysis and Measurement Procedures, 4th Edition. N.Y. Willey. 2010. 640 p. [in English].
17. Vinogradnyi G.P., Voskoboinick V.A., Grinchenko V.T., Makarenkov A.P. Spectral and correlation characteristics of the turbulent boundary layer on an extended flexible cylinder. J. Fluid Dyn. 1989. No. 5(24). Рp. 695-700. [in English].
18. Voskoboinick V.A., Makarenkov A.P. Spectral characteristics of the hydrodynamical noise in a longitudinal flow around a flexible cylinder. Intern. J. Fluid Mech. Res. 2004. No. 1(31). Рp. 87-100. [in English].
19. Yakovlev V., Voskoboinick V., Khomicky V., Tereshchenko L., Tkachenko V. Calculation method of wind waves for variable depths of sea area. Abstracts of the 1st International scientific and practical conference “Innovative Development of Science and Education”. Athens. Greece. 2020. Pp. 153-159.
20. Sumer B.M., Fredsоe J. Scour and its protection at breakwaters. Proc. 5th Intern. Conf. on Coastal and Port Engineering In Developing Countries (COPEDEC V). Cape Town. 1999. Рp. 254-265.
Abstract views: 157 PDF Downloads: 145