INFLUENCE OF ELECTRICITY ACCUMULATION PARAMETERS ON THE COMBINED POWER SYSTEM BALANCING
The purpose of the paper is to estimate influence of the electric energy storage system indicators, such as batteries capacity and charging speed, on the combined power system balancing. A feature of the combined local system is the significant current power gradients due to the changing nature of wind and solar power plants. The energy storage system should balance the generation and consumption of energy as much as possible, reduce the loss of possible excess energy or its deficit. The object of research is hybrid electrical systems with local network properties. Wind and solar power plants are the elements of such system, and energy storage devices are able to respond to rapid power changes. The research method is mathematical modeling of random processes such as energy consumption and generation, which allows us to analyze the current balancing of capacities and integral energy storage-reuse characteristics. Modeling the operating modes of solar and wind power is based on statistical weather data. The balancing of capacities can be considered as a superposition of random processes of generation and consumption. A features of the study is taking into account the simultaneous changes in the wind and solar power, the possibility of accumulating unbalanced energy and the real state of battery charging. An analytical study requires an accurate determination of the probability distribution for several random processes, therefore an adaptive simulation model with variations in input parameters is used. The energy balance model was applied, which allows us to simulate the process of energy storage and to evaluate current and cumulative indicators. As a result, the influence of the capacity and charging speed of batteries on the system energy efficiency was established. The areas of sensitivity of the energy balance are determined when the rate of battery charging becomes less than the current changes in wind and solar power. Various power system configurations are compared by energy source, taking into account seasonal climatic features. Bibl. 16, tab. 3, fig. 4.
2. Olatomiwa L., Mekhilef S., Ismail M.S., Moghavvemi M. Energy management strategies in hybrid renewable energy systems. A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews. 2016. Vol. 62. Pp. 821–835.
3. Salas, V., Suponthana, W., Salas R.A. Overview of the off-grid photovoltaic diesel batteries systems with AC loads. Appl. Energy. 2015. Vol. 157. Pр. 195–216.
4. Hu X., Martinez C.M., Yang Y. Charging, power management, and battery degradation mitigation in plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. A unified cost-optimal approach. Mech. Syst. Signal Process. 2017. Vol. 87. Pр. 4–16.
5. Jakhrani A.Q., Othman A., Rigit A.R.H., Samo S.R. Life cycle cost analysis of a standalone PV system. International Conference on Green and Ubiquitous Technology. Jakarta. Indonesia. 7–8 July 2012.
6. Narvaez A., Cortes C., Trujillo C.L. Comparative analysis of topologies for the interconnection of batteries and supercapacitors in a Hybrid Energy Storage System. In Proceedings of the 2017 IEEE 8th International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems (PEDG). Florianopolis. Brazil. 17–20 April 2017.
7. Choudar A., Boukhetala D., Barkat S., Brucker J.-M. A local energy management of a hybrid PV-storage based distributed generation for microgrids. Energy Convers. Manag. 2015. Vol. 90. Pр. 21–33.
8. Wu T., Shi X., Liao L., Zhou C., Zhou H., Su Y. A Capacity Configuration Control Strategy to Alleviate Power Fluctuation of Hybrid Energy Storage System Based on Improved Particle Swarm Optimization. Energies 2019. Vol. 12(4).
Pр. 1–11. doi: 10.3390/en12040642.
9. Bocklisch T. Hybrid energy storage systems for renewable energy applications. Energy Procedia. 2015. 103 р.
10. Battery Storage for Renewables. Market Status and Technology Outlook. IRENA. Abu Dhabi. 2015. Vol. 32.
11. István Táczi. Overview of the Energy Storage Possibilities to Support the Electrical Power System. Research Paper . ERRA Budapest. 2016. 47 p.
12. Kuznietsov M., Melnyk O., Smertiuk V. Modelyuvannya protsesu akumulyuvannya elektroenerhiyi v kombinovaniy enerhosystemi. [Simulation of electricity accumulation process in the combined power system]. Vidnovluvana energetika. 2020. No. 4. Pp. 22–30.
13. Lysenko O., Kuznetsov M., Chebanov A., Adamova S. Hybrid Power System Stochastic Optimization. In Springer eBook «Modern Development Paths of Agricultural Production: Trends and Innovations». 2019. Pp. 385–394.
14. Kuznietsov М., Vyshnevska Y., Brazhnyk I., Melnyk О. Modeling of the Generation-Consumption Imbalance in the Heterogeneous Energy Systems with Renewable Energy Sources. 2019 IEEE 6th International Conference on Energy Smart Systems (ESS) conference-paper. Pp. 196–200.
15. Energy Storage Association. [Electronic resource]. URL: http://energystorage.org (Applying date: 15.09.17).
16. Korpikiewicz J. The Optimal Choice of Electrochemical Energy Storage Parameters. Acta Energetica 1/26. 2016. Pр. 56–62.
Abstract views: 19 PDF Downloads: 38