ALGORITHM AND SOFTWARE FOR ARDUINO-BASED SYSTEM FOR PV MODULE TESTING
The work presents the implementation of software and algorithms for measuring and computing system, which is designed to determine in real conditions the electrical characteristics of photovoltaic modules by the method of variable active load. The software for the MATLAB package is described, which includes a user interface and algorithms for controlling the process of measuring current-voltage characteristics. The user interface was developed using the MATLAB Support Package for Arduino Hardware.
This software allows to perform a large number of measurements in different modes with optional connection of the pyranometer and set the required delay between readings, display I-V characteristics and power characteristics and basic parameters of FM, store data and manage already stored data, control the current measurement process, system diagnostics. Using of this system is actual for testing the current state of PV modules in field conditions, for correct determination of electrical parameters of modules. It should be noted that these parameters are not provided in full by the manufacturers, but they are essential for the diagnostics of modules on PV plants. Knowledge of the module parameters is also necessary for correct solution of optimization problems under design of PV system and for prediction of energy output in different external conditions.
The measurement of current-voltage characteristics of PV modules is realized on the basis of the microcontroller board Arduino Mega 2560, which provides switching of load resistors with electronic relays, collection and transfer of experimental data to PC by the serial port. The elements of the equivalent scheme of PV modules are calculated by the original method for solving of nonlinear equations system by a stable iterative algorithm, which is based on the decomposition of nonlinear equations on the small parameters. A number of measurements at various solar radiation and temperature was performed and dependencies of the main PV module parameters on external factors were determined. Ref. 7, fig. 4.
2. Кадровый вопрос: энергетике не хватает универсальных специалистов. [Електронний ресурс]. URL: https://realnoevremya.ru/articles/143237--energetike-ne-hvataet-universalnyh-specialistov [in Russian].
3. IEC 62446. Edition 1.0 2009-05. International standard. Grid connected photovoltaic systems – Minimum requirements for system documentation, commissioning tests and inspection. [Електронний ресурс]. URL: https://solargostaran.com/files/standards/IEC/IEC%2062446-2009.pdf. [in English].
4. SIST EN 62446:2010. Grid connected PV systems – Minimum requirements for system documentation, commissioning tests, and inspection requirements. [Електронний ресурс]. URL: https://standards.iteh.ai/catalog/standards/sist/f0f55437-af90-4495-9417-d77d4266844a/sist-en-62446-2010.
5. Gaevskii A.Y., Ivanchuk V.Y., Kornienko I.O. Systema vymiryuvannya parametriv fotoelektrychnykh moduliv v realnykh umovakh ekspluatatsiyi. [A system for measurements of the pv module parameters in real operational conditions]. Vidnovluvana energetika. 2019. No. 2 (57). C. 32–39. [in Ukrainian].
6. Gaevskaya A. Algoritm approksimatsii volt-ampernykh kharakteristik fotomoduley v usloviyakh chastichnogo zateneniya. [Approximation algorithm for the current-voltage characteristics of PV modules in partial shading conditions]. Vidnovluvana energetika. 2019. No. 3(58). Pp. 21–29. doi: 10.36296/1819-8058.2019.3(58).21-29.
7. Gaevskii A. Method for Determining Parameters of PV Modules in Field Conditions. 2019 IEEE 6th International Conference on Energy Smart Systems (ESS). Kyiv. Ukraine. 2019. Pp. 205–208. doi: 10.1109/ESS.2019.8764239. [in English].
Abstract views: 21 PDF Downloads: 14