ANALYSIS OF STATIC CHARACTERISTICS OF THE CENTRIFUGAL REGULATOR OF THE WIND ROTOR WITH FLUGE CONTROL
Reliability, relative simplicity of design and low cost of centrifugal regulators have contributed to their widespread use in various devices in various fields of mechanical engineering and instrument making. The use of these regulators in low-power wind turbines allows to simplify the design of the installation and ensure its reliable operation during operation. Theoretical provisions and practical recommendations developed on their basis for the design of this type of regulators are constantly being improved. Modern trends in the manufacture of the blade are aimed at the maximum approximation of the real profile of the blade to the calculated, i.e. the expansion of the blade from the end to the camel to 1:4 and torsion up to 30°. Accordingly, it is necessary to take into account the angle between the chord of the blade and its vector of moment of inertia, which was done in developing an improved mathematical model of the centrifugal regulator of the wind turbine rotor at weather vane control at the Institute of Renewable Energy.
In a number of works the analysis of influence of parameters of the centrifugal regulator on its static characteristics was carried out. In this paper, a similar analysis is performed for an improved mathematical model, taking into account the angle between the chord of the blade and its moment of inertia vector, and a comparison of the results with the results obtained by previous mathematical models. Analysis of the static characteristics of the centrifugal regulator at different angles between the blade chord and the blade moment of inertia vector showed that at angles up to 5°, i.e. in blades with slight torsion, the deviation of static characteristics is insignificant, but with its increase the deviation between characteristics increases. Thus, with a control range of 40°, the difference in the magnitude of the deviation of the rotor speed for the angle of rotation of the blade 20° will be up to 50%. Also, if you do not take into account the angle between the chord of the blade and its vector of moment of inertia when adjusting the centrifugal regulator to the nominal speed of the rotor, it reduces the effective operation of the rotor. So the deviation from the nominal speed of the regulator and, accordingly, the rotor without taking into account the torsion of the blade at 10° will be 17% compared to the blade without torsion. Bibl. 10, fig. 10.
2. Sabinin G.H. Teoriya regulirovaniya bystrokhodnykh vetrodvigateley povorotom lopastey tsentrobezhnym regulyatorom. [Theory of regulation of high-speed wind turbines by turning blades by a centrifugal regulator]. Promyshlennaya aerodinamika. 1957. Sb. No. 8. Pp. 5–77. [in Russian].
3. Sabinin G.H. Teoriya regulirovaniya bystrokhodnykh vetryakov tsentrobezhnym regulyatorom s pomoshchyu povorota lopastey. [The theory of regulation of high-speed windmills by a centrifugal regulator by means of rotation of blades]. Voprosy energetiki. 1959. Pp. 37–49. [in Russian].
4. Shefter Ya.I., Rozhdestvensky I.V. Vetronasosnyye i vetroelektricheskiye agregaty. [Wind pump and wind power units]. Moskow. Kolos. 1967. 376 p. [in Russian].
5. Shefter Ya.I. Ispol'zovaniye energii vetra. [Use of wind energy]. Moskow. Energoatomizdat. 1983. 200 p. [in Russian].
6. Perli S.B. Bystrokhodnyye vetryanyye dvigateli. [High-speed wind turbines]. Moskow. Leningrad. GEI. 1951. 216 p. [in Russian].
7. Kovalenko V.I., Kokhanevich V.P., Shikhailov N.A. Vetroelektricheskaya ustanovka moshchnost'yu 2 kVt. [Wind power plant with a capacity of 2 kW]. Energetika i elektrifikatsiya. 1991. No. 4. Pp. 37–40. [in Ukrainian].
8. Kovalenko V.I., Kokhanevich V.P., Shikhailov N.A. Vetroenergeticheskiye ustanovki maloy moshchnosti. [Low power wind turbines]. Energetika i elektrifikatsiya. 1993. No. 1. Pp. 43–46. [in Ukrainian].
9. Golovko V.M., Kokhanevich V.P., Shikhailov M.O., Marchenko N.V. Udoskonalena matematychna model vidtsentrovoho rehulyatora rotora vitroustanovky pry flyuhernomu rehulyuvanni. [Improved mathematical model of the centrifugal regulator of the wind turbine rotor with weather vane control]. Vidnovluvana energetika. 2021. No. 2(65). Pp. 53–60. [in Ukrainian].
10. Kokhanevich V.P. Statychni kharakterystyky vidtsentrovoho rehulyatora pry flyuhernomu rehulyuvanni rotora vitrodvyhuna. [Static characteristics of the centrifugal regulator at weather vane regulation of the rotor of the wind turbine]. Vidnovluvana energetika. 2008. No. 1(12). Pp. 39–44. [in Ukrainian].