HYDROGEN TECHNOLOGIES FOR ALIGNMENT OF GENERATION SCHEDULES OF WIND POWER PLANTS DURING BALANCING OF ENERGY POWER SYSTEM MODES
The article shows the possibility of using hydrogen as an energy carrier to compensate for the deviations of the generation schedules of power plants using renewable energy sources (RES), in particular wind power plants (WPP), from those declared by NEC "Ukrenergo". This ensures the effective participation of wind power plants in the process of maintaining the frequency and permissible voltage levels in the energy power system (EPS). Possible methods and ways of reserving the unevenness of RES electricity generation caused by weather conditions are analyzed, and the advantages of hydrogen technologies over others are shown. They are more universal, because hydrogen produced with the help of renewable energy sources can be used as an energy carrier not only in the power industry, but also in other industries. At the same time, the use of hydrogen technologies during the balancing of EPS modes opens up new opportunities for the development of wind and solar power plants in the EPS, as fines and restrictions on the production of RES electricity are reduced. The algorithm for using hydrogen as an energy carrier to reduce the error between the actual and forecasted hourly schedules of generation of wind power plants as part of the balancing group is considered. Mathematical models were developed on the basis of the theory of similarity and the criterion method. This approach, based on the minimum available initial information, provides an opportunity to compare different methods of reserving the uneven generation of wind power plants, to assess their proportionality, and also to determine the sensitivity of costs to the capacity of the reserving methods. Criterion models have been formed that allow for the dependence of costs for reserving the uneven generation of wind power plants on the capacity of hydrogen-type accumulators and on the capacity of the system reserve together with the throughput of power transmission lines. It is shown that similar dependencies make it possible to more reasonably choose certain reservation methods in accordance with the characteristics and requirements of the EPS. Ref. 15. Fig. 2.
2. Kuznetsov M. P., Lysenko O. V., Melnyk O. A. The task of optimizing the hybrid energy system according to the level of dispersion of the generated power. Renewable energy. 2022. No. 1. P. 17–26.
3. Budko V. I., Vainshtein Y. V. Overturning imbalances of generated and forecasted electricity by a solar power plant due to the system of electric energy storage. Renewable energy. 2021. No. 4. P. 25–31.
4. Butkevich O. F., Yuneeva N. T., Gureeva T. M., Stetsyuk P. I. The problem of the location of electricity storage units in UES of Ukraine, taking into account its influence on power flows through controlled intersections. Technical electrodynamics. 2020. No. 4. P. 46–50.
5. Kudrya S. O., Repkin O. O., Rubanen-ko O. O., Yatsenko L. V., Shynkarenko L. Ya. Stages of development of green hydrogen energy in Ukraine. Renewable energy. 2022. No. 1. P. 5–16.
6. Chapter 23 – The Role of Fuel Cells and Hydrogen in Stationary Applications. / Volkart K., Densing M., De Miglio R., Priem T., Pye S., Cox B. Europe's Energy Transition. M. Welsch et al., Eds.: Academic Press, 2017. P. 189–205.
7. Hydrogen-based uninterruptible power supply. / Varkaraki E., Lymberopoulos N., Zoulias E., Guichardot D., Poli G. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2007. Vol. 32. P. 1589–1596.
8. Stepan Kudria, Petr Lezhniuk, Oleksandr Riepkin, Olena Rubanenko. Hydrogen technologies as a method of compensation for inequality of power generation by renewable energy sources. Przegląd Elektrotechniczny, ISSN 0033-2097, R. 98 NR 10/2022. P. 1–6.
9. A Multiscale Energy Systems Engineering Approach for Renewable Power Generation and Storage Optimization. / Demirhan C. D., Tso W. W., Powell J. B., Heuberger C. F., Pistiko-poulos E. N. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 2020. Vol. 59, No. 16. P. 7706–7721.
10. Blinov I., Trach I., Parus Y., V Khomenko., Kuchanskyy V. and Shkarupylo V. Evaluation of The Efficiency of The Use of Electricity Storage Systems in The Balancing Group and The Small Distribution System. 2021. IEEE 2nd KhPI Week on Advanced.
11. Amendments to the resolution of the National Commission for State Regulation in the Energy and Utilities Sectors No. 641 of April 26, 2019 (Approved by Resolution of the NCRECP No. 46 of January 15, 2021)
12. Venikov V. A. Theory of similarity and modeling. - M.: Higher. school, 1976. 479 p.
13. Astakhov Y. N., Lezhniuk P. D. Application of the criterion method in the electric power industry. Kyiv: UMK VO, 1989. 140 p.
14. Lezhniuk P., Komar V., Rubanenko O., Ostra N. The sensitivity of the process of optimal decision making in electrical networks with renewable energy sources. Przeglad Elektrotech-niczny. Vol. 2020, No. 10. P. 32–38.
15. Mung Chiang. Geometric Programming for Communication Systems. Boston–Delft. 2005. 159 p.
Abstract views: 25 PDF Downloads: 25