Determination of parameters and basic dimensions of the generator for low power tidal plants (up to 1000 kW)
The increasing energy needs give rise to a steady interest in
new sources of energy, in particular, in the energy of the World
Ocean: tides, surf, waves, water temperature difference between
the surface and deep layers of the ocean, and flows.
The use of the naturally renewable energy of the sea tides
to transform it into other forms of energy, mainly electrical, lies
at the heart of the work of tidal power plants (TPP).
Despite a number of advantages of using TPP (significant
reserves of the used type of energy; the invariance of its magnitude
in the monthly (seasonal and multi-year) periods during the
the entire lifetime of the TPP; independence from the water volume
during the year, etc.), the energy of tides is still not used to the
full, due to its relatively high cost and limited availability of
places with fairly high tides.
The analysis of the peculiarities of the tidal power plants,
found that one possible way to improve their efficiency, it is to
use in synchronous generators with excitation from permanent
magnets with high specific energy, which will simplify the design
of capsular units, thereby increasing their efficiency.
The replacement of electromagnetic excitation by the use
of magnetic systems with permanent magnets makes it possible
to simplify the rotor design, to exclude sliding contacts, to reduce
losses by eliminating them in the rotor winding.
The results and proposed evaluation algorithms can be used
to determine the PTT parameters and its aggregate part, as well
as the main dimensions of the generators with the specified construction
(with excitation from permanent magnets used in the
the present and aspects of the further development / Renewable
energy. – 2008.– №2
2. Landau Yu., Sirenko L. Hydroenergetics, and the environment,
Kiev, 2004, p. 36–39
3. Bernstein L. B. Tidal power plants. –M., Energoatomizdat,
1987. –s. 38, 394.
4. Usachov I.M. Economic estimation of tidal power plants
taking into account the ecological effect // Proceedings of the
XXI Congress of Sigbi. – Montreal, Canada, June 16-20, 2003.
5. Vershinsky N.V. Ocean energy. –M., Science, 1986
– 149 p.
6. Bernstein L. B., Silakov V. N., Usachev I. N. and others.
Tidal power plants. – M.: JSC "Institute Hydroproject" – 1994.
7. Magomedov A.M. Unconventional Renewable Energy
Sources. – Makhachkala: Publishing and Printing Association
"Jupiter", 1996.– p.362
8. Haven K. Green Electricity: 25 Green Technologies That
Will Electrify Your Future Santa Barbara, California, Denver,
Colorado, Oxford, England: Libraries Unlimited An Imprint of
ABC-CLIO, LLC, 2011. 192 p.
9. Arshenevsky N.N. Hydroelectric power stations. –M.,
1987. –s. 455
10. Vykhorev Yu.O. Solving problems of small hydropower
development in Ukraine // Renewable energy. – 2013.– №1. – p. 69
11. Lyatkher V. Tidal Power: Harnessing Energy from Water
Currents – John Wiley & Sons, Inc. Hoboken, New Jersey, and
Scrivener Publishing LLC, Salem, Massachusetts., 2014. — 289 p.
12. Usachov I.M. Tidal power plants. – M .: Energy, 2002;
13. Golovanov I.M. Method of calculation of technical and
economic efficiency of construction and operation of small hydroelectric
plants // Renewable energy. – 2007.– №2.
14. Usachov I. M., Prudivsky AM, Historik BL, Shpolyansky
Yu.B. Application of an orthogonal turbine at tidal power
plants // Hydrotechnical construction. – 1998. – № 12.
15. Multon B. Marine Renewable Energy Handbook ISTE
Ltd., John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2012. XX, 643 p.
16. Charlier R.H., Finkl C.W. Ocean Energy: Tide and
Tidal Power Springer, 2009. – 262 Pages.
17 Kudrya S.A., Perminov Y.N. Some features of calculation
of the saturated magnetic circuit of a synchronous generator
// Renewable energy. – 2006.– №4
18 Mkhitaryan N. M., Kudrya S.A., Perminov Yu.N., Budenny
V.F. Design of synchronous generators for low-power
installations of low power // Renewable energy. – 2006. №1
19. Kudrya S.A., Perminov Yu.N. Methods of calculation of
magnetic systems with permanent magnets // Renewable energy.
– 2009.– №4
20. Kudrya S.A., Perminov Yu.N. Optimization of the excitation
system of electric machines// Renewable energy. – 2012.– №4
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.